Effective Date: January 2, 2020
Last Updated: January 2, 2020
Personal Information Perkins Franchising Collects: Certain areas of Perkins Franchising’s website and mobile app may require individuals to register and/or create an account to enable access to content, services and offers. Information that individuals opt to provide to Perkins Franchising in connection with registration may include name, date of birth, gender, home address or ZIP code, e-mail address, phone number and preferred Perkins Franchising location. Perkins Franchising collects such information as part of the registration process. Perkins Franchising may also use a variety of technologies to collect information directly from individuals, including cookies and web beacons, and may collect information provided by the individual’s web browser, such as internet protocol address and operating system. Our web server uses an extended log file format which captures: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to this website), types of computing devices and Internet browsers, and visitors’ IP addresses. (Each computer that connects to the Internet is assigned a unique number, an IP address, for identification purposes). The log file does not capture a visitor’s email address.
In some instances, Perkins Franchising may also collect information from third parties, upon whom we rely to provide services. We use both business partners and service providers, such as payment processors and analytics providers, to perform services on our behalf. Some of these partners may have access to information about you that we may or may not otherwise have and may share some or all of this information with us. We may use this information to administer and improve Our Website and Services to deliver better and more personalized marketing and advertising campaigns, including:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
In addition to the categories of information referenced above, Perkins Franchising may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
- Our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use PII in connection with the services they perform for us, including services performed in fulfilling the purpose for which an individual provided PII.
- Service providers to our advertisers: Our advertisers may contract with companies who handle data (such as advertisers’ customer lists) for them.
- Our subsidiaries and related companies: Our affiliates may assist Perkins Franchising in providing and marketing its services to the public, including through the use and analysis of information we collect from individuals.
- Courts or opposing parties in legal proceedings:When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Perkins Franchising, our advertisers or any other third party.
- An acquirer or merger partner in connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets or is merged with Perkins Franchising, we may disclose PII in connection with the sale.
- Any third party in accordance individuals’ express permission.
We also share anonymized technical data that we collect about individuals’ Internet connections, browsing habits and computing devices and web browsers (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to individuals.
Data Security: Perkins Franchising has implemented measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Examples of our safeguards include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, and administrative information controls. The safety and security of personal information also depends on individual conduct – where Perkins Franchising has given individuals access to certain parts of its website or social media pages through passwords and the like, such individuals are responsible for keeping such access information confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not fully secure, and although Perkins Franchising endeavors to protect personal information against unauthorized access or distribution, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to Perkins Franchising’s website or social media pages, and such transmission of personal information is at the individual’s own risk. As a result, we recommend that you help us keep your information safe by taking reasonable steps such as keeping your passwords private, and not disclosing personal data in places that can be accessed publicly.
Data Retention: We retain your information only for as long as is necessary to provide the Services and to fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other necessary purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
Removal of Cookies from Computing Devices: Individuals may remove cookies their computing devices’ memories, including cookies placed by or through the use of the Perkins Franchising website or social media pages. Please check with the applicable browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
Nature of Perkins Franchising’s Use of Information Collected: The information collected by Perkins Franchising on its websites and through its social media pages is used to improve the services we offer, to improve the website and social media content we provide, to contact customers regarding updates to such content and for other marketing purposes, including targeted marketing of offers related to our Huddle Club, Huddle Up Rewards or other marketing programs.
Links to Other Sites: In some areas of the Website or the Mobile App, we may provide a link to another website. Other websites, including social media sites, have their own policies regarding privacy and security, and these may vary from ours.
Opting Out of Receiving Further Perkins Franchising Communication: We recognize how important online privacy is, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads individuals receive and how we use collected data (California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices – please see the “California Privacy Rights” section below):
- Individuals can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by Perkins Franchising: Individuals can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by Perkins Franchising or on its behalf by clicking on the opt-out icon in the ads Perkins Franchising serves. Please note that, if an individual deletes cookies or upgrades a web browser after having opted out, additional opt-out action may be required. Further, if an individual uses multiple browsers or devices, opt-out action may be required on each browser or device.
- Individuals can opt-out of receiving targeted, interest-based or on-line behavioral ads through advertising associations:Individuals may use the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out tool at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, which will allow the individuals to opt out of seeing targeted ads from Perkins Franchising and from NAI-approved member companies. Individuals may also opt out of receiving targeted, interest-based or on-line behavioral ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and Your Online Choices website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Access to and correction of PII held by Perkins Franchising: If an individual wishes to gain access to, correct, amend or delete any PII or other information about such individual held by Perkins Franchising, he or she may submit a request to Perkins Franchising’s privacy officer at the address provided below. Perkins Franchising will exercise good faith efforts to provide access to such information to the extent it is available within a reasonable time, and to correct, amend or delete such information to the extent it is believed to be inaccurate or sought to be deleted, except where the burden or expense of providing access, correction or amendment would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the particular instance or where the rights of other persons would be violated.
Children’s Privacy: This website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on this website. Perkins Franchising does not knowingly collect personal information from children – Perkins Franchising websites and loyalty programs are not designed to attract, nor do they seek to provide services to, any persons under the age of 13 years. Users under the age of 13 must not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features, and must not register on this website or make any purchase through this website or use any of its interactive features to provide any information about themselves to us, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name in use. If we learn that an individual interacting with Perkins Franchising’s website or social media pages is under the age of 13 years, we will delete that information from our databases. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact our Privacy Officer at Privacy@perkinsfranchising.com.
California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of PII to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail request to our Privacy Officer at Privacy@perkinsfranchising.com, with the subject line “California Privacy Rights”.
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Perkins Franchising makes the following disclosures regarding the person information Perkins Franchising has collected within the last 12 months:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Source from Which Data is Collected||Purpose of Collection|
|First and last name, postal address and/or zip code, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, military or veteran status||Directly from the user/customer||Marketing (including advertising, customer acquisition and lead generation, performance media, audience segmentation, event organization, web traffic analytics, brand promotion and analytics, surveys and consumer research, campaigns, management of influencer and other partner relationships, social media content distribution and analytics, mobile application communications, contest administration, and customer engagement and analytics)Operational purposes (including order processing, payment, gift card, voucher and coupon processing, receipt processing, anti-fraud, sales data reporting, provision of food truck services, third-party delivery coordination, and mobile application and kiosk services and analytics)
Development and real estate for the purpose of expanding the Services
|Mobile application log-in credentials||Directly from the user/customer||To enable user access to our mobile applications|
|External social network credentials||Directly from the user/customer||To enable users to link their social network accounts with our mobile applications|
|Credit card or other payment information||Directly from the user/customer||Marketing (including surveys and consumer research, and management of influencer and other partner relationships)Operational purposes (including order processing, payment, gift card, voucher and coupon processing, receipt processing, anti-fraud, sales data reporting, and mobile application and kiosk services and analytics)|
|Location data||Cookies||To provide users with location-specific services, such as showing nearby restaurants in our mobile application|
|Dining preferences, who you typically dine with, when you normally visit our restaurant locations, how often you visit our restaurant locations||Directly from the user/customer||To market our services to you and tailor offers to your interests|
|Demographic information||Directly from the user/customer||To market our services to you and tailor offers to your interests|
|Metadata about how users access and use our Sites and mobile applications||Cookies, web beacons, pixels, social media widgets, and other tracking technologies||Marketing (including advertising, customer acquisition and lead generation, performance media, audience segmentation, event organization, web traffic analytics, brand promotion and analytics, surveys and consumer research, campaigns, management of influencer and other partner relationships, social media content distribution and analytics, mobile application communications, contest administration, and customer engagement and analytics)To conduct data analytics|
In accordance with the CCPA, California residents to request that we disclose the following information about our collection and use of “Personal Information,” over the past twelve months:
- The categories of Personal Information we collect about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed in the prior twelve months.
- If we sold your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of Personal Information we have sold in the prior twelve months.
- Deletion of your personal information
- An opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties
To ask for a record of the information we hold about you, or to ask us to delete your information please visit https://perkinsfranchising.com/privacy-policy/, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 770-741-2830. You must provide enough information that we can very who you are and that you are a resident of the State of California. If you have an account with us, we will also verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account.
Notice to California Residents Under the Age of 18: If you are under the age of 18, and we have actual knowledge of your age, under California law you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information you have provided to us. To do so, please contact our Privacy Officer at Privacy@perkinsfranchising.com. Please be aware that removal of your information does not ensure complete removal of the content. For example, removal may not be permitted if another provision of law requires the content to be maintained.
Perkins Franchising Privacy Officer
Address: 5901-B Peachtree Dunwoody Road, NE
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Last Updated: January 2, 2020
a brand that gives Give Kids the World
We Proudly Support
Giving Back to the Communities We Serve
Perkins is a proud supporter of Give Kids The World® Village, an 84-acre, nonprofit “storybook” village where visitors are treated to weeklong, cost-free fantasy vacations, complete with accommodations in the Village’s whimsical villas, transportation, donated attraction tickets, meals, and much more.
Join Our Winning Team
If you’re interested in building a business that allows you career freedom while helping others, Perkins could be the restaurant franchise for you.
Perkins® is always looking for experienced restaurant operators to become franchise owners throughout most of the continental U.S. and Canada. Currently, we are actively seeking to strengthen our presence within the targeted U.S. states and Canadian provinces listed below. We provide professional franchise support services that includes site evaluation and selection, design, construction and much more.