Opening a restaurant and bakery franchise with Perkins is an opportunity with tons of potential for a very strong return on your investment. Perkins locations include a variety of restaurant and bakery offerings, so our franchisees attract customers at all day-parts throughout the year. Furthermore, the investment comes with unbeatable training and support throughout every stage of your franchising journey. We will teach you all about the costs associated with opening a Perkins franchise as well as what you can expect in return.
How Much Does It Cost to Open a Restaurant and Bakery with Perkins?
We estimate the total investment in our restaurant and bakery franchise will run between $1.7 million and $2.7 million, which includes our one-time franchise fee of $40K. This investment represents just about everything it takes to get your new Perkins restaurant and bakery franchise fully operational. A few of the key expenses include:
- Rent for three months: We estimate that our franchisees will spend $20K-$60K on rent over the course of three months. Keep in mind, Perkins franchises are typically larger than other restaurants. Our franchisees often experience high volume, so they invest in locations with the capacity to comfortably seat a crowd.
- Improvements: This is one of the largest expenses you’ll incur. Franchisees will likely spend $575,000-$1,250,000 to remodel their restaurant. We’ve developed consistent standards for Perkins dining rooms and have found they lead to great results for franchisees.
- Equipment & Seating: Franchisees should expect to spend roughly $490K-$590K on the necessary equipment and seating to run a restaurant. Perkins will supply you with a list of approved vendors to work with, simplifying this part of the process.
Visit our website for a comprehensive breakdown of the costs and to see what else is included.
The Training and Support You’ll Receive
The valuable training and support you’ll receive are also included in the estimated initial investment. Our franchisees come from many different industries and backgrounds, so we’re prepared to show them the ropes.
First, our franchisees and/or their managers will take part in a 35-day training program, set in a fully-operational Perkins restaurant. There, they’ll learn the basics of how to run a Perkins franchise. Topics include:
- Using our computer systems
- Managing financing
- Utilizing our marketing resources
- Procedures for staff
…and much more.
Our support doesn’t end once your training is complete. We provide ongoing training to keep you and your team up-to-date on best practices. Furthermore, Perkins is there for our franchisees throughout the opening process and beyond. You can count on our team to work with you as you choose the perfect location, build it out, and then begin to grow your business. Research and development, assistance with local and national marketing initiatives, and regular evaluations are just a few of the support systems you can look forward to.
Ready to learn more about the costs to open a restaurant and bakery franchise? Contact us today for more information!